Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Little Screech Owl

We've been trying since before JJ was born to figure out what we want to name him.  Oh, I don't mean his everyday given name.   That was settled back in 2006.  I mean his Cherokee name.

For those who don't know us and haven't figured it out from the pictures, my husband is Cherokee, and JJ is bidding fair to look VERY like him, just with lighter coloring and a slightly upturned nose because of his mama's Irish blood.  So the subject of JJ's Cherokee name has been quite the topic of discussion.

Lately... I think he's decided for us.



On another note,  John had one of those "you know you're a parent when" moments this morning.  He came upstairs and told me that while searching the laundry room for the load of diapers he knew was down there, "Diapers... diapers..." randomly became "Spinning in the nice warm dryer, spinning, till they are done"... to the tune of "The U.S. Airforce".

*snicker*  Had to happen to you eventually, sweetheart.  

Yes.  Yes, I did have to tell on you.  *wicked grin*

2 comments:

  1. congrats oon the lil un and on doing Cherokee names! Sounds like fun.

    I thought I'd stop by and check the blog. Our best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! Stop by any time. :)

    ReplyDelete