Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The great outdoors...

So we had our first decent adventure out into the yard today. It's 80 freaking degrees here, and John bundled the baby up in onesie, pants, socks, AND a jacket before he let me take him outside. XD I ditched the jacket and socks pretty much right off. Not that the outfit wasn't adorable, but it was just too warm in the sun.


JJ took one look at that bright sunny yard... and promptly hid his face in my shoulder! We stayed out for maybe 30 minutes (yes, in the shade), and eventually he started looking around. We talked to the neighbor or a bit and said hello to her puppy dogs. I sat down on the ground and laid JJ across my lap so he could pat the grass. He picked up the spine of a dead leaf and stared at it like it was the most fascinating thing in the world. Then I stood him up and let those little feet feel the grass, and you should have seen his face! He stepped, and stepped, and stepped, and looked at me like I had lost my ever-lovin' mind!

Once we came back inside, his attire was promptly reduced to this:

Much happier baby!

So that was our trip outside...JJ wasn't quite sure what to make of the airplane noises and all that breeze and bright sunshine, but he did pretty well, I think.

In other baby news... for the last couple of weeks, JJ has been working VERY HARD at rolling over... the kid hates tummy time with a passion.  Today he managed to kick his way from his tummy onto his back, several times in a row, without any help from Mommy or Daddy!

And at 15 weeks and five days, he's starting to sit up for a few seconds with just something at his back.


Look, Mommy!  No hands!!

And the scale shot of his foot... Getting tougher to convince him to hold still for these... 


But it shows his growth so well!

And hey, one more just for the cuteness...


Check out my little man!!

This is JJ and Mom, signing off... over and out!



No comments:

Post a Comment